Apply on company website
Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know–how.
“Good for You, Good for the Planet” is Barilla’s purpose and only way each person in the Group works and of which is ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Barilla is looking to hire a Marketing Specialist - Digital reporting in to two Consumer Marketing Managers at our Northbrook office.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Social Media Specialist to help grow our social media presence and engage with our consumer base. A successful candidate will operate strategically and execute tactically while maintaining their creativity. They should be deeply familiar with all relevant platforms and their best practices, with a focus on video and Reels/TikTok. The person in this role will work alongside their team members to maintain operational oversight of content published across our official social channels; develop real-time and long-term reporting and pivot tactics according to findings.
• Develop, produce, and publish best-in-class content that aligns with brand’s overarching strategy, including content creation/sourcing and copyrighting
• Ownership of all social and owned digital consumer touchpoints, including community management
• Oversee editorial calendar and ensure that content is prepared for publication across all platforms
• Report to cross-functional team on KPI’s and progress
• Be a champion of the community, ensuring campaigns serve both company needs and audience needs
• Serve as a social expert internally and liaison externally with social platforms on their direction, best practices, and new opportunities
• Stay up to date with new platforms, content formats, and practices to keep our channels relevant
• Manage influencer relationships
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members, strategic partners, creative vendors/agencies/freelancers
• Manage Brand budget, including PO creation and invoices.
• Support brand team in day-to-day business needs and special projects
• Keeper of creative assets, imagery, and brand elements
• Other ad hoc duties as assigned
• 2-3 years working at an advertising, marketing, digital, or communications agency, or in-house in a social function
• 2-3 years managing social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube) with demonstrated growth
• Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, business, anthropology, psychology, sociology, or a related discipline
• Knowledge of paid platforms on social media (Facebook Manager, etc.)
• Knowledge of and experience using social listening and social media management platforms such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Familiarity and comfort writing in a brand voice for social. Comfort publishing on social platforms is of utmost importance.
• A creative eye. Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, or similar digital media programs
• Analytical; ability to report across the organization on social media results and drive buy-in
• A love of all things food and consumer product goods
• Strong sense of internet culture and trending content
• High attention to detail and experience with keeping multiple projects aligned and on track
• Be curious, adaptable, and open-minded. Be willing to pivot and wear multiple hats. Independence and an ability to self-teach.
• Resourceful and creative storyteller, with innovative ideas for reaching audiences
• Experience planning and executing campaign shoots and/or editorial video productions
• Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Keynote
• Some travel required (5-10%)
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas and sexual orientation.