Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales. Vi’s corporate office is located in downtown Chicago and employs 90+ professionals.
Reporting to the President this position is responsible for all design and preconstruction activities for new developments, including the architectural continuity, as well as the evolution, of the Vi brand in the redevelopment of existing continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and architectural brand development for new rental or CCRC product.
The VP of Project Design and Management of New Development is responsible for all design and preconstruction activities for new developments, including the architectural continuity, as well as the evolution, of the Vi brand in the redevelopment of existing continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and architectural brand development for new rental or CCRC product.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees all architectural and interior design, and preconstruction activities for new developments.
- Collaborates with market research, sales, finance, operations, and other company resources to define project programmatic, design, and financial objectives for new projects.
- Evaluates sites under consideration for new community development and assists with creation of project pro formas.
- Selects, contracts with and oversees the architectural and engineering team, and other consultants.
- Assists in the selection of the general contractor to perform cost estimating, logistics, and other preconstruction activities leading to negotiation of a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) contract.
- Works with the applicable authorities having jurisdiction to obtain zoning, permits, and other approvals.
- Refines standardized systems and documentation for the development department relating to preconstruction.
The highly accomplished professional we seek will have a minimum of 15 years progressive experience in real estate development with at least 5 years of management experience. Must possess, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively develop internal and external relationships, demonstrate leadership skills and be seen as a resource by others.
Outstanding project management abilities including the ability to schedule and manage large-scale senior living projects and complex interiors projects on time and within budget. Strong financial acumen skills with knowledge of financial management tools; ability to oversee complex schedules of cost estimates, contract negotiations, and permitting.
Experience with senior housing, or large-scale commercial and/or residential experience is preferred. Experience with construction management is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required. Master's degree in Architecture preferred.Location Address
233 South Wacker Drive Suite 8400, Chicago, Illinois 60606