Become a key member of the Vi legal department and work closely with the Chief Legal Officer and other in-house attorneys in high-volume transactional legal matters, as well as litigation and risk management matters. We need a proactive self-starter with impeccable organization skills who enjoys working on a variety of matters with cross-functional teams and a desire to sweat the details!
Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales. The professional selected for this role will be involved in a variety of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Assists all attorneys with matter intake processing, document collection, litigation hold process, and preparation of due diligence materials, documents, presentations, exhibits, charts, and diagrams.
- Participates in all aspects of litigation and claim support with in-house lawyers and outside litigation counsel, including subpoenas and other records production requests, discovery responses, processing settlements, internal reporting regarding pending litigation matters; independently adjusts, handles and resolves small claims, and other litigation related tasks; drafts audit letters for each portfolio entity that has audited financial statements.
- Records invoices per GL/PL claim management; files and organizes invoices and cancelled checks for reconciliation with insurance carriers; communicates with insurance adjustors regarding invoices and attorney approval; assists with managing and tracking departmental budget, including reviewing and processing invoices from law firms and service providers.
- Assists in the preparation of corporate governance documents and materials, including business entity filings, minute books, resolutions, written consents, annual reports, and other corporate records.
- Oversees all phases of the contract management process, from initial submission/intake to contract execution and filing; manages contract lifecycles, including template development, maintenance, management, roll-out, filing and abstracting; provides administrative support for attorney drafting, redlining and negotiating complex contracts; drafts, reviews and finalizes less complex vendor, marketing, and freelance agreements.
- Supports the legal department’s business license portfolio management operation (including preparation of healthcare licensing applications), document collection, file maintenance, and record retention processes for Vi’s corporate office and portfolio communities; assumes primary responsibility for the management and upkeep of the legal library archive (electronic and hardcopy documents) and organizes digital images of archive documents into a usable digital library in a SharePoint system; serves as the Knowledge Manager for the corporate office by assisting and training others on records retention including understanding and applying internal processes; communicate with internal and external constituents regarding status of these requests and processes.
- Facilitates administrative tasks for the legal team, such as calendaring, scheduling meetings and events, managing carrier and messaging services, and drafting and proofreading communications, including written correspondence, business letters and email; assists in the preparation of policies, procedures, reports and presentations.
- Coordinates and conducts research as directed using both internal and external sources of information; serves as the administrative liaison for internal teams concerning legal administration of the above matters; assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requires 1 -2 years paralegal experience. Paralegal certificate, Associates degree or other relevant certification from an ABA accredited program strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation, and exceptional benefits. Bring life to your career at Vi!
Location Address233 South Wacker Drive Suite 8400, Chicago, Illinois 60606