Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales. Vi’s corporate office is located in downtown Chicago and employs 90+ professionals.
Reporting to the Director of Market Research, this position develops, synthesizes, and communicates market data used to drive informed business decisions. Responsible for creating recommendations for entrance fee pricing, concessions, and sales promotions based on market conditions, the competitive environment, trends in senior living and economic indicators. Supports the Sales and Marketing team through consumer and market research, data reporting, and analysis of key market factors influencing sales performance. Additionally, this position will conduct financial and market research analysis for new business initiatives including new developments, redevelopments, and acquisitions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creates analysis and initial recommendations for entrance fee pricing, monthly fee rates and occupancy data for all communities
- Creates analysis of changes in market demographics and competition in order to help evaluate current pricing strategies.
- Recommends pricing adjustments via market rate changes and concessions monitoring.
- Tracks competitive activity, residential real estate market changes, or other ongoing market or industry trends.
- Creates analysis for the sales bonus process for months, quarterly, and annual incentives.
- Performs ad hoc research and analysis including recommendations to help the team identify improved sales and marketing tactics; synthesizing varying sources of data to make necessary case and obtain approvals for tactical changes within operations, CCRC programing, or pricing.
New Business Initiatives
- Analyses and creates necessary market research before and during new business due diligence in order to help determine feasibility at the early stages of the project.
- Conducts feasibility studies and determines market penetration required for potential new developments.
- Evaluates Primary Market Areas (PMA) and provides target demographics.
- Provides support as needed in obtaining and evaluating third party market studies.
- Researches and maintains databases of:
- Existing competitors in the marketplace
- New developments entering the marketplace
Requires three years financial analyst experience. Experience in real estate and market research preferred. Strong analytical, quantitative and communication skills. Ability to assist in the analysis of an opportunity, recommend findings, and articulate conclusions and recommendations. Proficient in modeling tools like financial and trend analysis, as well as optimization.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate or a related field required.