The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the Chief Legal and Administrative Officer / EVP and support to the Legal and Human Resources Departments in managing the day to day administrative aspects of their job.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages executive’s calendar and coordinates calendars with others for scheduling meetings along with daily coordination of and preparation for individual appointments, group meetings, meals, and other internal/external events.
- Prepares materials and PowerPoint presentations for Board Meetings and other meetings.
- Organizes corporate records administration and maintenance and acts as department records coordinator. Assists with records retention including understanding and applying internal processes.
- Maintains logs for subpoenas and other records requests, litigation holds, contract review requests, marketing submissions, and other legal department functions. Communicates with internal and external constituents regarding status of requests.
- Records and tracks invoices related to litigation and claims with potential insurance coverage. Files and organizes invoices for reconciliation with insurance carriers. Communicates with insurance adjustors regarding invoices and attorney approval.
- Manages legal department file system, organizes and tracks materials to be included in the files. Files and archives (electronic and hardcopy documents), including reference materials, business cards, etc.
Qualified applicants are required to be self-motivated and possess a minimum of 5 years administrative support experience with strong organizational, attention detail, verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint. Prior legal assistant experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
233 South Wacker Drive Suite 8400, Chicago, Illinois 60606