Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales. Vi’s corporate office is located in downtown Chicago and employs 90+ professionals.
Reporting to the Sr. VP of Development and Construction the Director of Capital Project is responsible for the design and construction process for specific Community capital renovation projects. Responsible for oversight of architect and consultants, Jurisdictions Having Authority (JHA), project budget and scheduling control.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages all design and construction activities for specific capital renovation projects.
- Responsible for apartment unit renovations at all communities, including working with community staff to identify quality contractors, review cost, schedule, workmanship, and adherence to company standards.
- Manages the architect, contractor, regulatory authorities, and owner’s consultants.
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget performances, and quality control review.
- Manages project from inception through project close-out.
- Establishes quality control and assurance plans and monitor general contractor’s compliance.
- Reviews all documents, including plans and specifications, RFIs, submittals and changes to contract documents.
- Reviews and evaluates project schedule to ensure that milestone and final completion dates are achieved.
- Reviews and approves general contractor’s and vendor’s pay requests and any requests for additional cost and schedule extensions.
- Leads and ensures a smooth hand-off of the completed facility to the building operations staff.
- Prepares monthly reports to include financial monitoring, schedule timelines and major project issues.
Requires 10 years of large-scale commercial and or residential experience. Skilled at managing the schedule and budget of projects ranging in size from several thousand to several million dollars while maintaining quality.
Must have a thorough knowledge of all facets of construction and the building trade with technical understanding of building systems. Must be able to effectively assess critical situations, respond accordingly and delegate solutions for those situations. Experience with and a thorough understanding of various construction contracts and projects is required. Design process management experience preferred.
Strong financial acumen, budget management and analytical skills. Excellent project management and organization skills. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work closely and collaboratively with other departments. Must be courteous and be able to deal with various demands, pressures and complaints from residents, staff, vendors and consultants.
Strong Excel skills and proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Ability to travel – 35%
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering required.
Vi offers competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
This is a hybrid role with 3 days in the office and 2 days at working from home.
Corporate office address:
233 S. Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606