Founded in 2006, Legal & General Investment Management America (LGIMA) is a fast growing investment management firm that manages USD $175 billion (as of June 30, 2018. We bring a solutions-driven approach to meeting the needs of institutional clients, with a focus on both defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) plan sponsors. LGIMA is a leader in long duration fixed income, custom liability-driven-investments (LDI), equity index, smart beta, and ESG solutions; and we are committed to continued expansion of our suite of capabilities and offerings to meet client needs.
The LGIMA Distribution team is currently seeking an Investment Associate. The ideal candidate will have existing knowledge and experience in both the DB and DC markets, with an ability to partner with senior sales colleagues, following up on consultant and prospect meetings, answer product questions, provide performance data, and help to identify new sales opportunities. This position is also responsible for maintaining and expanding consultant and prospect data in our CRM system (this includes, but not limited to data clean-up, managing contact lists for various marketing campaigns, pipeline management, and consultant profiles). The candidate will also manage various projects seeking to enhance materials, refine processes, and provide proactive team support. Continuously striving to increase your knowledge of our products and the industry in order to best produce meaningful responses is a key attribute.
- Partner with sales team to develop new client business and provide service and support functions, in a timely and accurate manner. Examples include, territory prioritization and targeting, consultant/prospect meeting preparation and follow-up, CRM maintenance (data scrub- input/update pipeline, contacts and organizations), and competitive analysis reporting
- Monitor industry trends and research and provide team with updates
- Engage in territory business planning with team members on consultant coverage and new client development
- Participate in internal meetings and contribute to sales and marketing meetings on new business efforts; interacts regularly with Marketing and Investment teams
- Review RFPs and qualify before sending to RFP team members to complete
- When Appropriate, accompany senior team members (typically onsite, but some travel will be required) to engage with prospective new clients/consultants to educate about LGIMA’s solutions and products
- When appropriate, attend Consultant conferences and LGIMA roadshows building relationships and educating future clients about LGIMA capabilities
- Minimum Experience 3+ years of Institutional Sales/Consultant relations support role or similar function for an asset manager
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues using active listening and problem resolution competencies
- Key Personal Attributes: High intellectual curiosity and strong attention to detail, an entrepreneurial drive, tireless work ethic, competitive winning spirit, emotionally mature with strong integrity
- Key Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills, solid presentation skills, and understanding of investment competence across asset classes and strategies
- College degree required; Progress toward MBA, CFA and/or CAIA encouraged
- Located in Chicago