Founded in 2006, Legal & General Investment Management America (LGIMA) is a fast growing investment management firm that manages USD $175 billion (as of June 30, 2018. We bring a solutions-driven approach to meeting the needs of institutional clients, with a focus on both defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) plan sponsors. LGIMA is a leader in long duration fixed income, custom liability-driven-investments (LDI), equity index, smart beta, and ESG solutions; and we are committed to continued expansion of our suite of capabilities and offerings to meet client needs.
The LGIMA Distribution team is currently seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist / Senior RFP Writer. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in both the DB and DC markets, with an ability to coordinate, write and deliver quality Request for Proposal (RFP) responses. A successful candidate will play a key role in prospect growth and client retention, partnering with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate competitive positioning in proposals and client materials. The candidate will effectively manage proposals from inception to completion, adhering to all internal and external deadlines. The candidate will also manage various projects seeking to enhance materials, refine processes, and provide proactive team support. Continuously striving to increase your knowledge of our products and the industry in order to best produce meaningful responses is a key attribute.
- Maintain and drive development of new and standardized content across marketing collateral primarily RFPs/RFIs, but also including quarterly presentations, fact sheets, database profiles, etc. – with the primary goal of high client relevance
- As needed, develop, maintain firm and product data used ensuring consistency across RFP/RFIs, and other collateral materials as needed
- Write and edit accurate and relevant responses to RFPs, RFIs (RFIs), DDQs and ad hoc requests – including new and more complex RFP/RFI responses in partnership with product, investment, distribution, and other teams throughout the firm
- Drive efficient intake, qualification and scheduling of RFP/RFIs to ensure timely communication and completion, delivering outstanding service by managing communication with internal stakeholders, and at times clients
- Drive continuous improvement across team processes and written content
- Collaborate with distribution, investment, and other internal business partners to ensure a detailed understanding of the firm’s investment processes and products to create accurate and relevant content
- Provide support to the sales distribution effort, complete ad-hoc sales and marketing requests by creating appropriate materials including competitive analysis, industry surveys, one-off marketing pieces, and non-standard written materials.
- Work closely with the appropriate product/investment specialists and marketing communications team members to develop and drive content for marketing materials
- Work effectively with internal partner areas, such as the performance and legal and compliance areas to process information which satisfies legal and regulatory material requirements
- Minimum experience 10 years of Marketing with a strong focus of writing experience including RFPs and RFIs for an asset manager
- Defined contribution experience is a plus
- Results oriented with advanced writing and proofreading abilities while balancing multiple time sensitive priorities
- Key Personal Attributes: Entrepreneurial spirit, accountable, results-oriented, self-starter, positivity, high level of emotional maturity/intelligence, consensus builder, mentor, listener
- Key Skills: strong RFP/RFI knowledge, strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive presentation skills, investment competence across asset classes and strategies, client-driven and also business-driven
- College degree required; MBA a plus; CFA and/or CAIA a plus