- Have 7+ years of clinical experience including adult and couples/relationship therapy,
- Have an LCSW
- Have experience working with populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities,
- Have 3+ years experience supervising unlicensed clinicians
- Ability and interest in engaging in anti-racist programming and dialogue,
- Validated knowledge of anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks in therapy,
- Have facility in working and supervising from a depth psychology* perspective,
- Align with LifeWorks values,
- Be able to supervise 2-5 clinicians and carry a full client caseload
- Be available to work at least 3 days/week in Skokie.
At LifeWorks we recognize that the traditional cover letter requirements have roots in and prioritize a white academic version of the written word. In an effort to see our candidates in their best light, we invite you to submit an expression of interest, which can take any form that best illustrates the reasons you’re applying for this position. Examples can include artwork, photos of crafts/handiwork/quilts, choreography, videos of dance or movement, musical or spoken word recordings, poetry, or recipes.
*Depth psychotherapy (including psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, Jungian or analytical psychology and process-oriented psychology or process work) is based on two key propositions: 1. that the unknown or less familiar aspects of ourselves often hold the keys to healing; and 2. that the problems or conflicts that bring us into therapy are pointing us towards our own growth and wholeness.