EAB Solutions is a holistic, back-office solutions firm that serves nonprofits in the areas of technology, human resources, fundraising, and finance. We are a team of experienced consultants, passionate about changing the world in the way we know best: by empowering and supporting impactful organizations. We are dedicated to giving back to the community and are known for excellent client care and service line execution. We strongly believe in our values of people, excellence, and community and look forward to increased impact in the years to come.
Position: Nonprofit Payroll and Accounting Manager
Industry: Primarily Charter Schools
Pay Range: $70,000 - $80,000 (based upon experience)
Experience: Payroll and Nonprofit Accounting
Targeted Start Date: 10/26/20 - 11/6/2020
- 401K + 4% Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- FSA and Commuter Benefits
- 10 days of PTO, 5 days of sick leave, 15 holidays
- Sage Scholars Tuition Credit Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company funded LTD and Life insurance
- Professional Development Reimbursement
The Accounting Manager works directly with clients to facilitate day-to-day accounting needs including payroll, benefits, month-end close, and general accounting needs. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to an EAB Solutions' Vice President of Accounting and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the client.
Payroll and Benefits (50%)
- Support senior leadership in the development and execution of improved payroll and benefits practices for the client/organization.
- Serve as first point of contact for all employees regarding payroll and benefits; respond to staff questions about payroll, health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, life insurance, employer sponsored retirement plan, employee leave, COBRA administration.
- Responsible for the planning and administration of benefits open enrollment and for the full life-cycle of the payroll processes.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Process weekly payroll for client.
- Act as a liaison between both the payroll and benefits online systems and organization, fielding questions and managing employee use of the site.
- Work with Human Resources, Accounting, appropriate Government Agencies, and third-party vendors regarding questions, processes, reporting, and/or filing of payroll, benefits, payroll taxes, social security, FMLA, workers compensation, employee leave, unemployment, garnishment, retirement fund, etc.
- Develop communication tools and messaging to support employee understanding of payroll processes: design materials for new hire orientation regarding payroll, enrollment in payroll system, and time/attendance submittal expectations.
- Develop communication tools and messaging to support employee understanding of benefits package: design materials for benefits orientation, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions.
- Ensure integrity and timely processing of all payroll and benefits transactions along with accurate record-keeping, document administrative procedures and policies, supervise tracking system for benefits enrollment, application, and claims records.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
General Accounting Services (50%)
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Process regular Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Complete monthly allocations based upon time and effort reporting
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll and payroll updates
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Track expenditures and revenues by function and activity
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Work with the Vice President of Accounting to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
Managing Processes, Financial Software (QuickBooks and MIP preferred), Payroll Software, Accounting (UltiPro and Plansource preferred but not required), Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Microsoft, Technologically Efficient
- Must have at least 3 years experience in accounting
- Must hold at least a bachelors degree in accounting
- Must have experience with nonprofit organizations and payroll/benefits
- Must be able to travel to client sites within Chicago. We work either remotely from home or from the client site.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work remotely and onsite when needed.
EABS Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.